Video and Speaking.
Aquí os dejamos una actividad para que trabajéis el listening y el speaking.
President Obama did an exclusive interview live from the White House in which he answered the questions of the citizens.
Some help- Parts of the video:
1. Health care bill
2. Jobs: small businesses
3. Financial reform
4. Good ideas?
6. Foreign policy
7. Energy and environment
Setback: (noun) difficulty or problem that delays or prevents something
Insurance: (noun) an arrangement with a company in which you pay them regular amounts of money and they agree to pay the costs, for example, if you die or are ill/sick, or if you lose or damage something.
To come out: (v) to be shown clearly
Campaign trail: (n+n) the path of the campaign.
To weep: (v) cry
Edge: (noun) limit
Core: (noun) the central part of something
Coverage: (noun) the extent of the protection provided by insurance (cobertura de un seguro)
Tax credits: reduction in tax owed (crédito fiscal/tributario)
Refugee camps: (n+n) campos de refugiados.
To undergo: (v) to test (someterse a algo)
1. What questions would you like to ask Spanish President?
2. What would you ask if you had just one question?
3. What would you do to improve the existing situations of the small business?
4. Do you think there is an economic component to be well educated in Spain too?
5. What can we do to improve theenvironment?
6. What do you think of the politicians in your country?
7. Do you think a lot of politicians haven’t got a clue?
8. Have healthcare systems lost sight of the poor?
9. How important is education?
10. What do you think of the education system in your country?
11. What were (are) you happy and unhappy with about your education?
12. Do you think healthcare should be free for everyone?
13. What’s most important to you?
- health care
- low taxes
- strong foreign policy
- human rights
If you want to print this post, you can download the PDF here